Sunday, February 24, 2013

What happened?

I posted this around two years ago:
For personal reasons, it looks like I'll be moving within the next year or two.  The thought is very daunting, and I do not even know where to start on how to look for a good place to live.  It makes me feel like I'm getting older (surprise surprise!).  Jobs for starting librarians are pretty hard to find in general, which is yet another source of pressure in my life.  In short- man, it's hard growing up.
So guess what happened between April 2011 and February 2013?
  1. I moved to Rochester, NY to be closer to my long distance boyfriend.
  2. Could not find a library job, so I worked at Lord and Taylor and interned at the RIT library (1 year).
  3. Boyfriend became fiancé  :D
  4. Moved to the Baltimore/DC area and interned at the Smithsonian (3 months).
  5. Got married last month!
 I cannot believe how much I have grown and changed over the past few years.  I went from never-left-home to moving far away from everything I know.  Single to married.  Not owning much to owning a couch (and a lot more).

I am still not employed by a library though, so that is something that has not changed.  I have worked for free in libraries, but never paid.  I hope to change that soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment