Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LoC and Twitter?

I was doing so well posting on the blog!  And then, it happened again- no postings.  I am pulling the personal life card on this one.  It happens every once in a while.

Big news in the library world: the Library of Congress is going to archive ALL tweets tweeted since March 2006.  I'm not sure how to reply to this, except Did they think this through?  I am not an expert by any means, but this is a serious undertaking.  Some of the questions that are already racing through my mind are:

How will these be stored?  Will there be paper copies? (I hope not)
Where will these be stored?
Who will go through every tweet and organize them, along with create millions of new authority headings and bibliographic entries?  (My CV is linked above)

No comments:

Post a Comment