Monday, July 20, 2009

Ok, so no pictures

Things keep piling up by the minute. I frankly don't know why I am writing here, when I should probably be writing for my tracking paper. Whoever said I was completely rational?

Also- no pictures. I tried to take some cool pictures of campus, but all of the thoughts in my head did not allow me to just stand still and take pictures. When I had a break form 10:30-11:30, I wandered aimlessly around the GSLIS building and the edges of campus. I never noticed how many churches were in the area, something I realized when all I heard were religious services being sung as I strolled in the street.

We started talking about professionalism today. Of course, some people might ask- are librarians really professionals? I got a whole powerpoint arguing that yes, they are. So maybe we are not doctors and lawyers, but we do have a bill of rights, a journal, and a bunch of schools that offer the MLS degree. We also talked about the "effects of professionalism on clients," which I basically think of as becoming a snob. Be professional, but don't be a snob!

We then had a long break, aka a time when I should have been more productive. That is always the case >.<

Discussion was fun. We are all getting quite comfortable with one another, and conversing is much easier. I wonder how tomorrow will be, when the topic is censorship? I hope it gets really really really interesting :D

No comments:

Post a Comment